Friday, February 24, 2012

Problems with Twisted Metal

A collection of the different kinds of glitches, bugs, and overall annoyances I faced with my first playthrough of Twisted Metal for the Playstation 3.

First of all I have to say that I was extremely pissed with the freeze attack in the story mode. You literally cannot go 5 seconds without being struck down and frozen with a freeze blast, especially if you play as talon (the helicopter). This wouldn't be much of a problem if it wasn't hard to get out of but as soon as that "pound buttons" prompt shows up I try to react the best I can by...well... pressing all the buttons at once, but this just doesn't seem to work. It takes like 6 seconds to get out of the freeze blast and finally start driving.

Another problem I faced was in terms of gameplay was the shifting cross hair. I noticed this problem was much more prominent during helicopter gameplay though. The problem mostly occurred when you activate the machine gun special for talon. When you try and aim by shifting reticles on different opponents, just as you hold it on one opponent that is right in front of you it shifts to another behind a building or not in your field of view. It seems as if the reticle is better for long range enemies instead of ones in plain sight. This really annoyed me as it was a reoccurring problem and forced me to waste the special.

Some other minor inconveniences that occurred during gameplay were:
- Music skipping or going silent for a prolonged period of time and then returning.
- Clipping issues with buildings as they tend to drag the car I'm in or stop it dead in it's tracks.
*I will note more as I come across them.

Other than the problems above I haven't found an issue or bug in this game yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment