Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Best games at E3 2011

This was loooong over due. When was E3? Half a month ago? Yes... well consider this a very much delayed reaction to the E3 experience. This post will show all the games I most excited for. From greatest to least. This is it, it's finally here.


Uncharted 3? Of course I'm gonna start with Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 has only been my favourite game for a year and a half now. When I saw Uncharted 3 at E3 this year I dropped to my knees. It was the single most amazing game at E3 this year (with the exception of Twisted Metal, of course :) ). The image above is quite obvious. It's the Uncharted 3 collector's edition. The great thing about this collector's edition is it's availability, the collector's edition for Uncharted 2 only had 100 copies or something like that.

The next greatest game (or possibly tied with UC3) is Twisted Metal. I know Twisted Metal was only shown briefly at this year's E3 but that's because the devs. release the trailer before E3 happened, as did many developers. What I find cool about this image is the fact that Sweet Tooth is actually using Axel's wheels. It proves there will be some customability in the game.
The next game isn't on Ps3, obviously. But this game will include MASTER CHIEF! That's awesome! I loved Halo 1 up to 3 but I found that the last 3 weren't the best. Halo Wars sucked, Halo 3 ODST was dissapointing, and Halo Reach although better than Halo Wars and ODST still wasn't up to par with Halo 3 in terms of story, and gameplay. I wanna drive vehicles during crazy explosions, not beat down ostriches in a field! But this Halo promises to be sweet!

The next game on the list is a reboot of a popular franchise, Tomb Raider is the name, and that is all. Much like Twisted Metal is just called, well... Twisted Metal. After seeing the trailer at I believe Ubisoft's press conference, then followed by gameplay I was blown away. They turned rich bitch adult Lara into Survival Horror teen Lara. The gameplay looks smooth and less clunky than the rest of the games. The devs. say they were inspired by Batman Begins when they were working on the game. Sweet!

This next game came as a suprise to everyone at the EA conference. Insomniac games is working on a completely new game, possibly even series for all platforms, I think Nintendo was excluded once again though. But this game looks good, at least from the trailer's perspective. It does not reveal any gameplay but does promise to have the traditional Insomniac humour. I doubt I'll buy it but I'll at least give it a chance.

This next game is the new (but actually old) Halo game. It is a remake of the popular Halo: Combat Evolved. It is expected to use the new Halo engine and include online and offline compatibility. It also makes use of the Kinect peripheral. It's retail price is rumored at $39.99.

And finally last, and technically least game I'm most excited about from E3 is Rayman Origins. It's none of that Raving Rabbids crap either, this is full-on legitimate, side-scrolling, no-limbs-walking, crazy fast-paced Rayman. I loved the old Rayman games from my childhood and I can't wait for the release of this one. Long live Rayman.


No comments:

Post a Comment